Monday 30 April 2012

New Order Concert. Birmingham. 29th April 2012.

New Order Concert.  Birmingham.  29th April 2012

I got to Birmingham around 4pm on Sunday afternoon. It has been a horrible day and the rain was indeed heavy.  We had changed trains and yet none of this had damped our mood for the excitement of seeing New Order play.
We had only decided to stay overnight and book a last minute hotel on Sunday so I was glad I had time to get ready rather than rush straight to the venue.  My husband went to find the venue and get something to eat. I knew the venue doors opened at 7pm and he still was not back by 6.30 so I started to get a bit worried. (Not about him, but that we would be late getting to the venue!).
He arrived and we rushed out the venue in the pouring rain.  I was absolutely soaked as we stood outside the venue for about 20 minutes getting wetter and wetter but everyone in the queue was also getting wet so it was ok.
We were thoroughly checked (I have a tiny handbag for venues but they still pulled everything out of it) and tickets were checked twice.  Our plan was that hubby gets the t-shirts while I run to the front to save us a space. This we did with ease.
The DJ was playing from the moment we got in and my hubby (an ex DJ himself) loved what he was playing and how much work he was putting into it.  I personally do not like such a dance orientated feel but did appreciate how enthusiastic DJ tin tin was.
Next came Jake Evans and I have seen him before at the Troxy so had an idea of what was to come.  But even so, Jake did not disappoint. Jake is  very talented and can sing (I love his voice) and also play guitar really well.  His songs are good and I cannot understand why more people do not come early to hear him.  He is awesome and if it were about talent, he would already be huge! He finished with "Easy on my soul" which is a fantastic track and will be on his album (due for release soon).
The DJ came back while the roadies set up for New Order.  They did a similar set to the Troxy (for those who had been at the Troxy).  It started with Elegia followed by Crystal and Regret.  The crowd were going crazy! New Order are really loved and I really did enjoy this concert. It was great to be front row singing with Barney and the other die-hard fans!
Barney was not feeling well and speaking to others who had attended the Manchester concerts said he cut a few songs from the set list. New Order fans will not be disappointed as all the expected song choices are in there.  Personally I would love to have seen them do Hellbent (the new track from Total) and 1963 (one of the cut songs).  Ceremony and Temptation were absolutely fab.  They finished on Love will tear us apart.
I should mention that I am only 5ft tall and yet I am feisty.  We were right at the front by the barrier but if those behind me thought they could get away with pushing or pulling me away they had another thing coming.  I ensured I stayed right at the front for the whole concert.  Be warned of messing with the girl with the red trousers on!!
We left the concert on a high and even the rain had stopped!! Roll on Wednesday in Brixton Academy, London.
See my photos here: www.flickr.com/jasminestormie



No comments:

Post a Comment