Saturday 7 April 2012

Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror 

This is Snow White with a modern twist. And overall it is a good story. I like that the women are empowered and that the handsome prince is very handsome. (And for those my age, the king ain’t half bad Sean Bean no less)
The dwarfs’ names have changed and that is a bit of a shame, but they are brilliantly acted.
The only criticism is Snow White herself (played by Lily Colllins – Phil Collins’ daughter).  I found her wooden and one dimensional.  Julia Roberts was outstanding in her role as the wicked queen and I totally loved her indulgent attitude to life. Maybe it’s my age that I feel a bit sorry for the original Pretty Woman looking at her wrinkles (“They are crinkles not wrinkles!”).
Verdict: Worth a watch just for Julia Roberts alone!   
I bit you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment