Friday 20 April 2012

The cold light of day

The cold light of day 

I love an action film with Bruce Willis so I thought this would be a no-brainer. Unfortunately Bruce (who is excellent as usual) is killed during the first 15 minutes of the film so they obviously couldn’t afford him for a whole film!
The main problem I have with this film is I did not warm to Will Shaw (the main character) played by Henry Cavill. The story is set in Spain and I quite liked the premise of the film. Will’s whole family are kidnapped and everyone seems to be against him on all sides. I didn’t understand why they tell us about Will’s company going bankrupt when that story never got explored further. (What was the point?!).  The love interest turns out to be his sister so not really comfortable with that twist either.
At the end of the film it is all happy families again but why are they not grieving for Bruce (who plays Will’s dad)?

Verdict: Good action sequences but don’t expect to care for the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment