Thursday 8 March 2012

The best exotic Marigold Hotel

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The cinema was full of silver haired people excited about this film. I felt quite young to be sharing this experience with them.

The film is about a handful of retired people who chose (for one reason or another) to go to India for their “Old people’s home”. This film has a wonderful cast including: Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Judi Dench, Dev Patel, Celia Imrie, and Penelope Wilton. Poor Penelope is the only one who gets on my nerves a bit as she is a terrible moaner and yet there are many who will recognise a small part of themselves in her character.

I loved this film from the start when poor Judi Dench is trying to make sense of a call centre in India about her internet provider. I have AOL and they use India for their call centres so I totally sympathised with her issues.

This is very much a feel good film about India and how we are never too old to live your life. I love all the meaningful proverbs and how each individual comes to see India in another way.
I would not choose India to live out my old age, but then I don’t really like curry! This film is more than that – It strongly suggests that you shouldn’t give up on life once you retire. I for one, intend to learn that lesson!

Verdict: You are never too old to see this film and learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment