Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Vow (and the abuse)

The Vow.
I went to see The Vow today. It is a beautiful love story, but my enjoyment of it was ruined by a woman, her friend (possibly mother?) who brought her baby into the cinema and allowed it to continue to cry loudly. Before the start of the film I went over and asked her if she would
mind taking her child outside. They responded very negatively and asked me why I was shouting. (They were 3 rows from the front of the screen and the trailers were very loud!). I said if they didn’t do something I would go and get a member of staff. I left my seat and went to find a member of staff explaining about the crying child but the woman had followed me out.

The woman came back with the quieter child and watched the rest of the film but they waited for me at the end of the film and verbally abused me. I consider myself to only have done what everyone else in the cinema wished they had done, but I didn’t deserve the abuse from the woman for asking her to keep her child quiet. I did complain about them to the management and
the manager was excellent but said unfortunately the policy is that if they buy a ticket (even for an inappropriate film) as long as it doesn’t break the law about age restrictions they can take their child of any age into a 12A. The Vow is a 12A. Is that baby (under 18m) really going to enjoy the film? Is it appropriate for tiny children to see any film just because it is classified as a 12A. (I thought the “A” stood for adult but perhaps it stands for annoying instead!)

Onto the review of the film. It is an excellent rom-com with some wonderfully romantic phrases and quotes. It is about a couple, Paige and Leo who are deeply in love. They are in an accident and Paige is injured so that her memory is deeply affected.

You want to be in their relationship and feel so sorry for them. It is a very moving film and based on real life events of a couple who went through this. I feel this is the level of romance that “One Day” should have been aiming for. This is out and out soppy love…so if you are trying to please the lady in your life …take her to see this and it is job done! If you are a woman going to see it…your girlfriends will love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment