Monday 26 October 2015

I am a finalist in the Milton Keynes Digital Awards!

I am delighted to announce that I am a finalist in the Milton Keynes Digital Awards for my blog.

Firstly I would like to thank you. Yes you! If you are reading this you have been supporting me by being interested in what I have to say.

I started this blog because I have always had a lot to say and it was a way of recording my thoughts. I originally started off offering my opinion on films but in recent years that has been overtaken by theatre shows and concerts. I never realised my blog would become so popular or be read by so many people.

I especially wanted to share my own experiences of all the shows I went to. I didn't want to write a generic review. I wanted to give you a very personal view of the event. I wanted to share my story and photos. I wanted to tell you honestly if it was any good as any friend would, so that you would really know if it was worth going to.

I now not only write my own blog, but I write theatre reviews for a local Milton Keynes website, a national electronic music website and I have been invited to write for two London based theatre sites. I have also been approached by musicians to review their albums.

I am absolutely blown away with the support I receive for my reviews. That so many of you not only read them - but offer me such positive comments about them too. I have also received lovely comments from many of the famous musicians/actors themselves. All of this motivates me to continue to do what I do. Thanks also to About Milton Keynes website for their support. They wrote this about the forthcoming awards:
http://aboutmiltonkeynes.co.uk/our-theatre-reviewer-is-an-mkda2015-finalist/

If you want to read more about the awards and the other finalists, you can find out more here:
http://mkdigitalawards.co.uk/2015/10/01/mkda2015-finalists/

As a girl I had always dreamed that I might win an Oscar one day. It was of course a dream and I grew up. But this award really is my grown-up equivalent. I am very excited to be a finalist and of course if I win, I promise to give a speech worthy of an Oscar (but not as long). There might even be a few tears.

So what are my plans for 2016? A new website offering more reviews. More random thoughts. More opportunities. It really is a wonderful life!











No comments:

Post a Comment